Recommendations for diet & exercise/weight-loss plan?
I’ve heard WeightWatchers was a good one. I tried South Beach, I didn’t like it. I would prefer plans that have websites where I can keep track of my progress. And also an excercise plan (cardio is needed)
Not to be overly picky since you guys are helping me, but I wanted to know which ones you prefered or heard were good.
weight loss cardiff answers:
First step is to eat healthier food. Eating healthy, balanced meals is the first goal we must strive for. Pay attention to what you’re eating to make sure it’s not filled with additives. Include lots of fruits and vegetables into your diet. Stay away from too many sugars and sweets, and drink plenty of water.
Exercise is the second key ingredient if you need help to lose weight. Aerobic exercise is something you should fit into your schedule a 2 or 3 times per week. Keep your heart rate up for 30 minutes – 3 times per week to start. Increase the length and intensity of your exercise, as you feel more comfortable and energized. Some light weight training and resistance exercises a couple times a week can be very beneficial also.
The exercise part – do some incline walking
To lose weight as efficiently as possible, you’re going to need to combine exercise and diet efforts. One without the other mostly gives sub-par and temporary results.
For exercise, do some simple walking. But make 1 change. Make sure you’re walking up an incline. Since most people don’t have a hill nearby, a treadmill that inclines is what you’ll need to use.
My suggestion… Just incline it slightly. Ten to fifteen degrees. Nothing too steep. Then… Just walk for 20-25 minutes. Before you start saying inside your head that “it’s just walking”… Well, try it once and there’ll be nothing more to say
You’ll realize how great it is for fat loss after doing it just once. So try it and see how you’ll lose stubborn stomach fat fast.
I recommend to cycle to, that is always good, and anyone can do it easily
The diet part – protein shakes and apples
Obviously there are 2 parts. Notice I don’t even touch on your meals… The protein shakes are more mini-meals or snacks. Working with thousands of women has shown me that I need to start with snacks first.
And protein shakes and apples fit the bill.
All I want you to do is alternate between eating an apple and drinking a protein shake that has 20-30 grams of protein in it. And of course, eat your normal meals.
Now, to be clear… If you eat healthier you’ll get better results. But I’m allowing you to eat you regular foods so you don’t feel like you’re suffering. The apples and protein shakes will take care of how much you eat during those meals. It’ll be less. Smile. That’s exactly what we want.
This is a good “starter plan”. I consider it the best weight loss program for women who are transitioning to a more healthy diet.
If you’re SICK and TIRED of getting the same old boring weight loss advice… You know, like “Eat more fruits and vegetables, drink 8 glasses of water…
glad if i help;)
best regards David Stefansson
Help me with a weight loss plan?
I’m 13, female, 5’0, and about 130 lb.
I want to loose weight during the summer- maybe 15-20 lb. and I’ve found a great website to help me, http://teenshealth.org/teen/
bassically the site says things about making a weight loss plan for your body, and I’m not so sure how to do that.
I am cutting down on what I eat, and eating healthy things like whole grain cereal, fruits, veggies, ect. any other ideas on food?
I also need help on different exercizes I could do. I DONT like running, i can walk, and I have heard that 30 min. of running= 10 min of jump roping. Is that true? Plus I don’t have a lot of gym equitment around the house so these workouts have to be innovative. I also have a suscription to Lifetime Fitness, and I know i have to go there more often.
I know this is a lot but I am in dire need for a fitness plan. 10 points to the person who best answers all of these questions. thanks!!! <3
weight loss cardiff answers:
It sounds like you’re on the right track, but that’s a lot of weight to lose, so just remember that you want to do it the healthy way, so that it’ll stay off.
Food wise, I think you’ve got the right idea. Lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains. Limit your sugar intake, don’t eat out at fast food places, that kind of thing. Just remember, you don’t want to cut EVERY thing out of your diet. Little rewards are a great way to stay in control and not feel deprived. Instead of having desert every day (not that im saying you do now, cause i dont know what your eating habits are lol) have, say, your favorite desert once a week or something. Plus, you’ll look forward to that (absence makes the heart grow fonder-it works with food too! Lol).
As for exercising, thank god it’s summer! You can be outside more, which is a great thing. Do you like sports? A lot of people get so focused on ‘ive got to run 5 miles a day and ive got to 100 crunches’ and things like that that they end up not having fun, which means they often don’t continue to exercise. Sports are a great way to exercise because you’re working lots of muscles, running, catching, throwing, dodging people (depending on the sport lol). It’s also a lot more fun then hours in the gym. If you’re not a sports person, go to the mall! Power walk around the mall, looking at all the cute clothes for motivation! You could also join a class at your local Y. They have tons of different types of classes to choose from.
Just remember, it IS summer, and you’re going to dehydrate fast. Always have plenty of water on hand (not soda-thats my problem. I loooove pepsi lol) and make sure you stretch well before exercising. You don’t want to get sidelined because you pulled a muscle or something!
Don’t get down on yourself if the weight doesnt just fall off. It’s hard to lose weight. Worry more about how you look and feel then the numbers on the scale. You could be losing fat and gaining lean muscle, and the number on the scale could stay the same because muscle weighs more then fat. So ignore the scale if it’s really getting you down.
Not sure how much I helped, but just keep in mind what I said. Water, fruits, little rewards, and have fun with your exercising so you don’t get bored. Good luck! I hope you meet your goal and have fun doing it!
Any Weight Loss Plans?…?
What is a good and efficient way to lose weight. Anything including tips, exercise routines or diet plans and especially a way to keep away from the junk food. Anything would be helpful, thanks 🙂
weight loss cardiff answers:
1) The very first thing u should keep in your mind and that is the extra weight u put on didn’t come in overnight so it is not possible and also unrealistic to take it off quickly. You have to show patience. Please remember learning to eat well and exercise is the only solution to long-term weight loss.
2) The 2nd important thing is that your body weight is controlled by the number of calories you eat and the number of calories you use each day. So, if you consume fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. You can do this by becoming more physically active or by eating less.
3) The 3rd important thing is never skip ur meal or go to a crash diet. Don’t ever try to starve urself. It is very important to understand that when you skip a meal or go on a crash diet, the result is that it slows your metabolism to conserve your energy. And when you lose weight too quickly for a few days, your body thinks it is threatened with starvation and goes into survival mode. It fights to conserve your fat stores. There fore keep in mind never try to skip ur meal, especially breakfast and always try to take food on time
4) Before starting any type of diet, weight yourself and note ur whole body measurement in a dairy. Then after every week weigh your self again and compare with earlier measurements and see how much weight u r losing. Record a goal that you can reach in one month that is 4 to 8 pounds less than you weigh now. Set a goal you know you can achieve.
Now some tips how to set ur diet plan.
5) Start taking your food with out any oil. Try to use boiled/steamed vegetables, meat, and lot of salad. U can eat fresh and raw fruits, boiled/steamed chicken or red meat too but no pork. Please note and put it in ur mind that nothing fried or oily.
6) No Junk Food, Potato & Sugar Please.
7) Drink at least 3 ltr of water daily. Make ur habit to drink water as much as u can. In this way you are not only flushing out toxins, you are also teaching your body that it no longer needs to store water. When you feel starving, drink it as much as u can. Pls remember water is a natural appetite suppressant.
8) Make you habit to use brown bread & sugar. Skimmed or low fat milk & yogurt.
9) First try to avoid any type of soft drink but if u want to taste some thing sweet then drink any soft drink (remember use regular one, no diet cola pls) once in a week
10) Make ur habit to eat once a day a vegetable soap or Thai soup (as ur dinner or lunch) But remember no corn flour in it.
11) Just look at your food portion. It is much better to eat several small meals a day (like 5-6 healthy meals a day) than eat either one or two or three huge meal a day.
12) The most important factor in any weight loss plan is how many calories you consume each day, and eating too few is the most common mistake. Divide ur diet into 5-6 healthy meals a day (1 plate size only)
13) One bowl of oatmeal can be taken as a break fast
14) Smoking & any kind of hard drink is not allowed in this diet.
15) Try to chew ur every food as much as u can, and then swallow it into ur stomach.
16) Watch out ur every drink and every single piece of ur food. Stay away from fatty foods, junk foods, synthetic foods, foods with preservatives and too much carbohydrate. Don’t try to take foods that are made of white flour for example white bread, cakes, pasta etc and food contain sugar such as cookies, ice cream, candy etc.
17) Remember after every 15 days you can take once in a while with a little treat any thing u like. But remember just a small portion. For example one small personal pizza or one small burger or small pastry.
18) Try to adopt some healthy timing. Early to rise and early to bed. No late sittings.
19) People usually want Quick and Easy result, we are all impatient. U have to be patient in terms of ur weight loss and never give up. Always keep in mind that slow and steady win the race.
20) At least take this diet for 3 to 6 months. When u feel that u have achieved ur desired weight then make this is as a Life Style change for ur entire life. Remember do not focus on just losing weight; try to concentrate on diet plan forever so that u will never have to loose weight again. Occasionally u can take junk food too.
21) You have to keep in mind that above plan is a not a quick thin program. Don’t try to deceive ur body. It will destroy your metabolism and in the future the proportion of gaining weight is much higher and easier than today.
22) Never ever go for any type of Diet pills or any drug which claim that it will reduce the weight quickly. Taking Diet pills will kill u.
23) Exercise: Rule-of -Thumb: remember the formula for weight loss and that is Diet= 70% Exercise= 30%. So remember exercise is must with every diet plan.. The best indoor exercise machine is tread mill. Run daily on tread mill for 30 mnts ~ one hour as per ur convenient. If you don’t have Tread Mill then best indoor Exercise is skipping.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers