How to talk to my fiancé about losing weight?
My fiancé and I have been together for almost two years now and over that time she has gained a decent amount of weight. I find that it’s becoming harder and harder to be attracted to her as she keeps gaining weight. The thing that bothers me most however is that I am worried for her health in the future. We plan to have kids and I don’t want her to have to sit on the side line while they grow up because she gets worn out to easily. I want her to be able to enjoy her life and bring unhealthy isnt going to help her in doing that. Another thing is I enjoy being physically active but find it hard to do things with her. I like to go walking and running and she doesn’t feel the same. I have tried to invite her with me and do things that aren’t just for health but also allow us to have fun and spend good quality time together. We have started eating better but as soon as we do she eats candy or drinks pop. I don’t know what to do and feel as though there will be no end. I love her very much but this weight thing is going to really come in the way for the rest of our lives.
weight loss cardiff answers:
Women will think you shallow for not loving her for who & what she is, & not because of her weight or appearance. However, you said it in your question. You enjoy being healthy & physically active. She doesn’t. A major difference in lifestyle choices would normally split people apart, but you “love her very much” which means you must be a captive to what she wants in this relationship. You want to marry her, so you must learn to love her no matter how big she gets, or be prepared to move on. Sorry, you can’t change the facts.
What is the best method, healthy or unhealthy to lose the fat?
I am a 27 year old male, I work as a bouncer. I have alot of muscle, but I want to lose the fat. I am 6’1” , and weigh in about 340lbs. I want to shed this as quck as I can, and I do work out. I eat twice a day, and have lowered my portions. I don’t drink alot of water however, mainly ice tea. My arms measure 13” around, of pure rock hard muscle, but my gut area is out of control. Any suggestions?
weight loss cardiff answers:
The following healthy living recommendations will help you if you’re trying to lose weight, tone up your muscles, have aspirations of building lean muscle mass, are attempting to get a wash board stomach, or just want to feel better:
*1) Burn more calories then you’re consuming everyday and measure your results using the following formula: Calories Consumed minus Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) minus Physical Activity minus the Thermic Effect of Food (TEF). A website that explains this formula in more detail and will help you determine how many calories you need to reach or maintain a certain weight is at http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/calsburned.htm
Get an online, desktop, or cell phone diet and fitness calculator. This will allow you to easily calculate the above formula, set goals, log your daily calorie consumption, and register your physical activities.
Set realistic goals for your ideal body weight. Here are two websites that will calculate a suggested body weight:
It is difficult and unhealthy to lose more than one or two pounds per week. There are 3,500 calories in a pound. If you eat 500 fewer calories per day for a week you will lose one pound. If you burn through exercise 500 more calories per day for a week you will lose one pound.
Here are two articles on how to break through a weight loss plateau:
*2) Eat natural and organic foods found on earth versus something created by a corporation to make money. Eat meals in small portions throughout the day and take a good multi-vitamin supplement.
Do not try fad diets or diet pills. Avoid “High Glycemic Load Carbs” (sugar, pastries, desserts, refined starches such as breads, pasta, refined grains like white rice; high starch vegetables such as potatoes) and drink lots of water. Read this article for more information on high GL Carbs:
The following are food pyramids and several articles on what you should eat everyday:
Antioxidant Superstars – Vegetables and Beans:
Antioxidant Loaded Fruits:
Good Carbs Mean Better Weight:
The Benefits of Protein:
Some Fats Are Good For You:
Antioxidants in Green and Black Tea:
What You Should Eat Daily:
Best Foods to Fight off Disease and Keep You Healthy:
*3) Perform cardiovascular, core, and/or strength training on most days. Read a book or find a certified trainer to make sure you’re doing all exercises correctly.
The following is a website and numerous articles on cardiovascular, core, and strength training:
Exercise Prescription on the Net
Starting an Exercise Program:
Strength Training Basics:
Cardiovascular Machine Workouts:
Balance Your Way to a Stronger Body:
Understanding Your Training Heart Rate:
Getting a Flat Stomach:
Weight Lifting – Does Order Matter:
Encouraging Exercise in Your Kids:
Strength Training Safe and Effective for Kids:
*4) Get plenty of sleep. Sleep experts say most adults need between seven and nine hours of sleep each night for optimum performance, health, and safety.
*5) Educate yourself continually on health issues and make a life long commitment to good health. A great free publication is “Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005”. A reputable test you can take to measure your biological age is at http://realage.com
Look at all areas where you can enhance your health. For example, make improvements in the quality of the air you breathe. Review outdoor air quality forecasts where you live and get an indoor air purifier.
Send me an email or yahoo instant message to “gainbetterhealth” if you have any questions and good luck!
*Click on all the source links below to get the full benefit of the recommendations. The answers presented to your health questions are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Any good exercise tips and good foods to help me lose weight? Help please!?
I want to know some good exercise work outs for legs, thighs and arms. Also some good foods, like good dinners or good breakfasts. Any good tips for me to help lose weight. Btw, i’m 5’3 and 135 pounds, Dont judge. Thank you(:
weight loss cardiff answers:
1. Walking – If the weather is nice, it’s wonderful to get outside and enjoy the scenery around you while you exercise. However, if the weather has other ideas, you can just as easily get an effective walking workout at home. If you have a flight of stairs, go up and down them a few times. (You could even grab a load of laundry as you’re going that way anyway!) This will help to tone up your legs, while getting some low impact aerobic exercise as well. If you don’t have any stairs available, just walk around the house a few times – it may not be very exciting, but it will do the job!
How Many Calories Burned Walking 3.0 mph
2. Jumping Jacks – These are always fun, as they bring back memories of being a kid! Who hasn’t done jumping jacks for fun as a child? Well, surprise – they are also great cardio exercises, and good for warming up, too.
3. Pushups – These are probably not the most favorite exercise of many people, but while they can be hard to do, you can find easier ways to do them. You don’t need to pretend you’re “Rocky”, and do them with one hand; just do what works for you. Do them on your knees, instead of keeping your legs straight. Or, do them standing up against a wall. You will be building up arm strength and working out muscles in your chest area.
4. Leg Lifts – These are great for building up strength and muscles in your legs. If you find it hard to do the exercises with your legs straight, try bending them slightly.
5. Crunches – The best exercise for building up and strengthening abdominal muscles. When you’re just getting started, don’t worry about getting your head all the way up. So long as you’re going up until you feel the stretching of the muscles, you will see some benefit.
6. Jogging In Place – Jogging is a great exercise for your heart. You can jog in place at home while watching TV or listening to music. The only equipment you will require is a good pair of shoes, to eliminate any stress to your legs.
7. Squats – These are wonderful exercises for your legs and buttocks. You can even just try these by sitting and standing up again from a regular chair, if you’re finding them to be too difficult. As long as you’re able to do a few repetitions, you will be providing some benefit to your body.
8. Light Weight Lifting – No, you don’t need to go out and buy expensive weights for this! Just use whatever you can find in your house. Start out with something lighter, such as a can of peas, and work yourself up to heavier items. You can use milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles or even water jugs.
9. Dancing – Dancing is a wonderful exercise, which is great for your heart. Not only that, but it can lift your spirits as well, and give your overall feeling a boost.
10. Step Exercises – Using the steps in your home, you can do repetitions which will tone your leg muscles. (Just remember to be careful!)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers