How do I lose weight without losing muscle?
I am a 34 yr old female with a muscular build. I have always been active and still play soccer (still play), Karate, foot hockey, and go to the gym. I have been told that I should not worry so much about weight because muscle weighs more than fat, but as I get older, I am also gaining weight. My diet is not the best, and maybe it’s just a matter of changing my diet to lose the extra pounds, but I have never dieted before so I am clueless about where to even start. Any thoughts?
weight loss cardiff answers:
Try taboo and weight lifting often
WHAT to eat for losing weight
• Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially NC (negative calorie) food.
* Print these lists. They will be your … “Bible”, from now on !
* Dill and parsely – include them in all your salads. Also ognion + garlic.
* Try eat mostly fresh vegs & fruits (whenever possible, of course)
* If you really want a book, then check this out: The Negative Calorie Diet Workbook & Cookbook – eBook (Win95/98 only). Read more about this e-book here.
• Eat fish, chicken, beef, pork. (preferences are in this order)
* If you are a vegetarian, then ignore this!
* Avoid fat meat
• Eat 2-3 slices of bread/day. Don’t EVER exclude bread from your diet!
• Snacks between meals (if needed): apples, oranges, grepfruits and other NC fruits
* Don’t cheat … NO cookies, chips, candies, brownies etc!
* EVEN if they have “low fat” indication… They might have low fat, yet they can have lots of CALORIES !!!
• About rice, potatoes, beans, [xxx]nuts, pastry, pasta… You know!
* Don’t eat too much of those, at least during the first weeks of the diet. I’m not a low carb addict, but I’ve noticed weight gains if consuming those in large quantities, especially when associated with other foods.
* If you like them a lot, try and eat them like one meal. A nice delicious plate of spaghetti could be your lunch (never dinner!), followed by a nice big apple. These rich starch foods are not good for dinner!
* At dinner time, chose mainly large mixed veggies salads… With fish, lean meat or cheese (if you are not a vegetarian).
If u want to lose weight the best food to it are baked potatoes with nothing on it. No salt no nothing just plain. U can eat a 10000000000 baked potatoes till ur stuff and not gain a pound. I heard that from a weight loss tape. The best drink is water or gatorade. Thats a start then when you work out do some taeboo. If u want a macine. Run with dumbells on a treadmill. U could do the rocky workout. But thats a new story. U could use a butterfly macine i think it works the abs
1) It is not just the amount you eat, but what you eat. Lean meats and vegtables that snap are a good place to start. And by snap I mean fresh and not boiled or doused with better or whatever.
2) Exercise moderatly but for about an hour every other day. Spend half of that walking or running at a good enough pace for you to feel labored. The other half of the time use weights, or exercises such as push ups or situps to get a muscle “burn”. A gym is also an option, but I don’t know if you have the money for or want to spend the money on it.
3) Sleep well. To bed earlier and up earlier. Exercise in the morning when you wake up, not in the evening before bed. 7 hours of GOOD sleep is a must.
4) Occupy yourself with a hobby that keeps your attention for a long period of time. A hobby like this keeps your mind focused and gives less of a chance for snacking from boredom.
That is a good place to start… If you see good results, keep it up and modify to fit you… If it does not, see a doctor AND a trainer
Keep working out, drink water a lot, eat 5 to 6 meals a day but in small quantities, vegtables are important specially cucumber and lattice, fruits not be eaten after meals except by 2 to 3 hours, minimize the starch quantities in your meals lots of salad is important, your last meal must be before you sleep by 2 to 3 hours
the most important thing is you don’t lose patient wait and have a strong will to be as what you want
you might have some more ideas from www.ivillage.com
What is the healthiest way to lose weight and keep if off for good?
I am in my late 30s and I want to be healthy as I get older and I wanted to know what is the healthiest way to lose weight and keep it off for good, what excersizes can you do to reach the healthy goal of weight loss, for those of you that lost a lot of weight 40 pounds or more what were healthy ways that you lost weight and how did you keep it off without gaining it back?
weight loss cardiff answers:
I lost 55 lbs. In 6 mo’s. I had just returned from Germany and Paris where I walked everywhere and still ate normal foods. When I got home I had lost 10 lbs.
Then I bought nothing but Lean Cuisine for dinner and a yogurt smoothie for breakfast and drank a lot of water.If I ate lunch at all it was fresh veggies.
I got down to 96 lbs and now my family is yelling at me to stop!!!
So I’ve gained back to 100 which is where I want to stay since I;m 5′ tall.
I really believe in Lean Cuisine, the food is fresh and very good. Don’t drink sodas and walk every chance you can.
It worked great for me Good luck.
How fast can you lose weight by walking 100 meters everyday?
Walking at a certain speed wherein I feel muscle “strain” (I can feel the burn!) is very healthy for me, I know. But I want to know how fast I can lose weight by doing this daily and eating a healthy diet full of a balanced amount of pasta, vegetables, meat, and water.
Can I lose five-ten pounds in 5 months or so? Or how long, and how many pounds?
Does water help you lose weight?
weight loss cardiff answers:
Losing weight requires consuming fewer calories than you burn. Walking 100 meters a day isn’t much exercise if you want to lose weight, but if you restrict your calories a little you should be able to lose that much weight in 5 months.
There are many sensible things you can do that will make a tremendous difference over the long term if you need to lose weight. It can be done in a healthy way. This is what has worked for me.
Keeping a food journal really does help. It will give you a much better sense of how much you are eating, and when, and why.
In terms of diet, cut out or reduce things like junk food, pop, fat, fast food. Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish. Particularly if you choose a vegetarian lifestyle include natural peanut butter, hummus, dried fruit and nuts. Pay close attention to getting the nutrients your body needs to be healthy.
Make your portion sizes smaller. Use a smaller plate – in our society we have become accustomed to thinking that we need a large plate of food at every meal, and we don’t. About quarter of your plate of food should be protein and at least half of it should be veggies.
Learn to count calories. At your current weight and activity level, you may possibly need about 2000 calories or more to maintain your current weight. So you will lose weight at a reasonable and healthy rate if you cut back to about 1600 or 1700 calories a day.
Eat small amounts frequently, rather than three large meals. Never skip breakfast. Include some protein in your breakfast. It will help get you through the day.
Drink plenty of water, at least 8 big glasses of water a day, and more if it is very hot, if you sweat a lot, or if you are exercising intensely, and eliminate fruit juices. Fruit juices have too many calories, so get your vitamins from fresh fruit, not the juice. You will begin to see changes in your body.
Check out websites about nutrition, exercise, weight training, etc. Here are a few helpful links.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers